ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity to lead the industrial design language for an industry leading family of fitness products. You will lead cross-functional design of the hardware & user experience aspects of product development. You will work closely with our talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, & key business stakeholders to develop innovative features for our bike & related products. You're highly motivated, super organized, & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
- End-to-end product development from research & early concept exploration, to product execution & launch; be an active participant & driving force in complete product development cycle
- Independently leading complete design projects of high complexity
- Contributes to defining & advancing Pelotons product design language & visual brand identity
- Capable of creating production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering & model makers
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success & address technical issues in the development process
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior technical staff, product management, design, & marketing team members
- Inspires peers with creative approach to thinking & problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years experience in a design role
- Must posses a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles & adjacent technical domains such as EE, SW, etc.
- Solidworks, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Personnel management experience
- Bike or indoor fitness industry experience
- Advanced surfacing with Alias or Rhino
- Adobe Premiere & Flash
**please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume or we will not be able to review you as a candidate**
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.