Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it. Based in Boston, MA with offices & customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing & simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, & messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency & less hassle each workday. The company is growing rapidly as we move full steam ahead toward our anticipated IPO. Now's the time to bring your passion & expertise to Fuze!
The successful applicant will design, implement & maintain applications & services that integrate the back-end communication services of the Unified Communications, cloud-based platform. In this role you will be working in a fast paced, positive work environment where you will work alongside some highly talented developers & join them in contributing to the companys success!
What You Will Do:
- Build robust & scalable API-exposed services in Java
- Design & create services & system architecture for your projects, & contribute & provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation & performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions & contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms & products
- Work with the product & design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, & then translate that into a pragmatic & effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems & successfully deliver results on schedule
- Have passion for learning new technologies & methodologies
- Seek for excellence & quality in everything you do
What You Will Need:
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Awareness or experience in agile methodologies
- Object-oriented software development is a must-have, as well as existing design patterns & experience applying them.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Java SE, preferably developing with server-side, high concurrency & distributed systems.
- Object oriented software development is a must have, should also be aware of existing design patterns & experience applying them
- Experience working with a unit testing framework such as JUnit or TestNG
- Demonstrated knowledge on client-server protocols such as REST, both exposing & consuming such protocols
- Should have experience on NoSQL data stores, preferably MongoDB
- Must have advanced English written & verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate has excellent analytic & troubleshooting skills & is able to resolve complex problems independently
- Should enjoy working in a larger team & is eager to learn from more experienced team members
- Knowledge of PBX & telecom is a plus