Latch is seeking aSenior Firmware Test Automation Engineerto work with the QA, Test Engineering & Support Engineering team. There will be an emphasis on roadmap development & implementation of test automation for Latch's Embedded Systems Software & Firmware.
You will work within highly cross-functional feature teams & collaborate closely with firmware, mobile, backend & hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create test scripts & suites to ensure product specification is being met.
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features to ensure requirements are being fulfilled.
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure a high reliability & quality metrics.
- Define & drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process.
- Work closely with product & qa engineers to create & drive a roadmap for the qa & applications team.
- Create & maintain automation test fixtures & set-ups needed to run automated testing.
- Work closely with support & applications engineers to ensure seamless deployment & high product reliability metrics in the field.
- BS or above in EE/CS or equivalent.
- 8 plus years experience with QA/Automation/Test/Applications Engineering.
- Strong desire for mentorship.
- Experience building QA & Automation roadmaps.
- Experience working with high volume consumer/industrial IoT devices.
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS.
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on Linux/Android.
- Strong knowledge of C & any one scripting language (python preferred).
- Experience with analyzing test data. Working knowledge of MongoDB/SQL preferred.
- Experience with deploying a Jenkins, CI/CD test environment.
- Working knowledge of developing code on a single-board computer such as Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc.
- Working knowledge of debugging equipment such as Meters, Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers etc.
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.