theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms marketing is a small group of fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on contributing to the launch & development of productsSkimmrslove.As we grow & enter the next chapter of our story,, were looking for a Senior Director of Brand Marketing to help lead the growth of theSkimm brand & our member engagement across all platforms. Reporting to our (TBD: VP/Marketing . CMO . SVP, Membership Marketing . Cofounders), your role is mission critical to the success of our business long term, & youll be a player-coach leading a small teamlet within theSkimms larger marketing team. Youll be responsible for driving audience development; community engagement; & the strategy, ideation, execution of brand marketing campaigns & initiatives at theSkimm.
This role is equal parts strategic, creative, & execution oriented. It requires someone who can leverage insights on our Skimmrs, products, & market trends to build an innovative approach to messaging, creative, & tactics targeting Skimmrs at key moments in their user journey. "The Senior Director, Brand Marketing will be key in leading theSkimm's brand expansion in both audience & market. This role will run an integrated approach, in partnership with leaders across Consumer Marketing, Design, Product, Content, Insights, PR, Sales, & Socialcoming together to drive key moments in the year, which ladder up to the greater brand vision & business goals.
- Build out theSkimm's Brand Marketing department, which will include our community & audience development teams.
- Own the execution of brand marketing campaigns from creative all the way through performance.
- Lead the development of programs & positioning to measure the effectiveness of campaigns that build brand trust, brand favorability, & brand expansion.
- Increase brand awareness in both existing & new markets
- Identify clear audience strategies to evolve & grow our customer base
- Create programs that drive customer growth, loyalty & increase brand trust
- Own stakeholder alignment around brand campaigns, project briefing, planning, budgeting, cross functional communication, & execution
- Have the highest standards for building theSkimms brand equity, brand awareness, & driving revenue
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 8-10+ years of brand marketing experience
- 3+ years as a manager
- Experience building innovative brands & go to market campaigns
- Fluency in digital marketing, including a clear understanding of building brands & communities in digital channels, social media content, etc.
- Exceptional project management & presentation skills
- Experience working at hyper-growth, fast-paced organizations
- A love of the Skimms brand & respect of its audience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeineanda pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'eA Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY