The Senior Product Analyst will partner with Product Managers & other stakeholders in the company to support our goals of implementing more data-driven decision making practices. Reporting to the Director of Product Analytics, you will ensure that the products we build & continuously improve align with short-term & long-term Product team goals by providing long-term strategic insights related to aggressively growing our user base. Additionally, you will supply key stakeholders with resources (dashboards, reports, analysis, etc) that enable better tracking & monitoring of metrics. Youll own a set of key metrics related to one or more domains, & will be responsible for monitoring changes in user engagement & helping communicate those changes to relevant teams. Additionally, youll support the consolidation of key dashboards that measure top level product metrics. Youll employ expert level stakeholder management tactics including: attending key Product Management meetings, proactively observing internal & user pain points, & solution building/formulating ways to integrate with Product Management processes in ways that ultimately help improve product planning & work cycles.
Why youll love this:
- As a member of our growing Product team, you will have the opportunity to work on complex data problems that help arm our business stakeholders with the insights to guide short- & long-term strategic initiatives
- You will also work closely with our Product, Tech, Content, & Design teams to analyze & validate the projects & initiatives put forth in our Product Roadmap
- Youll be integral in setting the standard for excellence within Newselas Product Analytics function
- Youll compile & synthesize analytical insights, suggest action items & next steps to guide strategic decision-making, & will help prepare and/or deliver presentations on your insights to various stakeholders across the organization
- Your work will ultimately help drive a meaningful impact on the learning & teaching experience of K-12 teachers & students nationwide
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 5+ years as an Analyst in a Consumer Product Analytics or Business Analytics function
- You have 3+ years experience in querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) to analyze data, and/or using Looker (or other BI tools) to monitor/analyze/deliver repeatable insights
- You have experience in executing A/B tests & analyzing the experiment results
- You are an adept user of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- You enjoy visualizing data & coming up with efficient ways to present it in coherent stories to your audiences
Base compensation range: $130,000 - $160,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options & benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments & tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds & interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, weve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools & over 2.5M teachers & 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why youll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the worlds leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts & resources to stay healthy: mind, body, & soul
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs & time off to take care of your family & yourself
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, & integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, & individual development plans aligned with your personal & professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education & improves the lives of students & teachers.