At Branch, were transforming how brands & users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing & deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, & eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, & collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, & company that lives & breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You will work alongside a small & deeply hardworking engineering group, building out services that power mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the world. Today, we are powering over 12 billion API transactions a day & growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the way, traversing our stack, improving our application & data pipelines using languages like Java & frameworks like Spark, while shaping our entire system architecture. If this sounds appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about building scalable software services handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come join us!
As a Engineering Manager-Data Platform, youll get to:
- Own our data infrastructure including streaming & batch pipelines, analytics database, & data warehouse.
- Align individual priorities with team priorities, manage individual performance.
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of engineers.
- Work closely with Recruiting to grow your team.
- Manage & prioritize new projects, ongoing support, & technical debt.
- Continuously look for ways to optimize & streamline internal engineering efficiency.
- Coordinate with other engineering managers & directors across the engineering team to help accomplish your projects.
Youll be a good fit if you have:
- 4+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience directly managing teams.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Apache Spark, Druid, Hive, protocol buffers, or similar technologies.
- High-level understanding of some of the following areas: fundamentals of computer science, distributed systems, algorithms, data structures, & databases.
- Some experience in Java or Python & an ability to jump in & learn about other languages as needed.
- Strong ability to follow through, stay organized, & juggle multiple things without losing track of anything.
- Self-starter: has ownership, accountability, initiative, & urgency.
- Great communication skills, both within & outside of the team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, bring order to chaos, identify & solve emergent issues proactively.
Whats nice to have:
- Breadth of experience across the software engineering stack from core backend systems, frontend, APIs, to data pipelines & infrastructure.
- Experience in data science.
- Experience with search relevance.
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet company.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, & Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley & have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloittes 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, & Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparablys list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users & are partnered with over 75,000 apps.