Head of Corporate Development at Group Nine Media: a proven strategic dealmaker who will support with defining, evolving, & executing Group Nines strategy for M&A & partnerships.
A typical week includes
- Assisting with the creation & evolution of the M&A strategy & supporting analyses. Refining transaction requirements that reinforce the strategy
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of what is happening within the industry - identifying & sourcing partnership & M&A opportunities across media, technology & other relevant sectors
- Owning pipeline development. This includes identifying potential targets through market assessments, competitive analyses, growth opportunities, customer needs, prospecting
- Defining & evolving inorganic growth strategy across the Group Nine portfolio
- Working closely with internal & external partners to structure & execute transactions
- Leading the processes of modeling & valuation, conducting due diligence, negotiating terms, & closing strategic transactions
- Overseeing the development of key analyses & support for negotiations
- Communicating results of analyses & recommendations to senior leadership
- Leading other corporate special projects, as time permits
Success will look like
- A robust pipeline of opportunities that is evaluated continually, working across teams to build business cases for high potential opportunities
- Strong relationships & a deep understanding across the entire Group Nine business
- Established best practices & methodologies for end-to-end approach of M&A transactions
- Owning & leading day to day activities & oversight of ongoing processes to ensure transactions are completed within internal & external timelines
The next great Head of Corporate Development will have
- Industry Experience: you have experience (and a network) in media, advertising and/or technology, along with a deep understanding of the digital media content & monetization landscape
- Prior Success: you are a wiz at creating processes, sourcing, evaluating, & actioning on M&A deals, & managing them from end-to-end. Additionally, your financial & strategic acumen is second to none
- Financial, Analytical, & Valuation Skills: you know everything about enterprise valuation techniques, & you are able to read/interpret financial statements & build financial models
- Passion: you have an affinity for the Group Nine brands & get excited about the work you do. On top of that, your energy is contagious
- Interpersonal Skills: you have a track record of relationship-building & collaboration across functions & levels, with strong experience aligning & driving cross-functional groups
- Entrepreneurial Attitude: you are a self-starter with an attention to detail & the ability to see the big picture
- Strong Work Ethic: you put in the time & energy it takes to get the job done. Youre comfortable leading & prioritizing multiple initiatives in parallel in order to deliver results successfully
- Agility: you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment, & are motivated by challenges
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.