Group Nine is seeking a Creative Operations Manager. They will mainly be responsible for scoping design & video requests, fielding questions regarding the Art & Video Departments' product offerings, & facilitating process & lead time discussions during the RFP stage.
This role serves as the operational anchor for client-funded campaigns & special projects, working cross-functionally with Design, Photo Production, Video Production, Sales, Creative Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Agency Services, Ad Products, G9 Direct, & Events teams to successfully guide campaigns from pre-sale through post-sale. Building relationships & managing expectations are key parts of this role. The Creative Operations Manager must possess strong written & verbal communication skills, be extremely organized & detail-oriented, & be comfortable working with executive level stakeholders across multiple departments.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments during the RFP stage to assess requirements of a project to develop the scope/timelines, processes, identify key milestones, & confirm list of deliverables
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of & stay updated on the Art Departments offerings, capabilities, & no-code tools, such as Ceros, Celtra, & Splash
- Act as the expert on the Art & Video Departments' offerings & capabilities & redirect requests to partner departments as needed
- Review Design concepts & determine whether its feasible. Provide an alternative execution plan if the concept is unachievable
- Manage expectations by clearly outlining assumptions & what is covered in the scope
- Ensure Art & Video Department needs are budgeted accurately & allow for enough lead time for post-sale teams to execute successfully
- Liaise & facilitate discussions among the Art & Video Department leads, Sales teams, & Creative Operations team
- Support Director of Operations, Art Department, & Video Department Leads in developing & providing staffing plan recommendations
- Provide guidance to requesters when developing project timelines & approach. This includes providing insight into the time & resources needed to complete the project & recommending innovative solutions for delivering assets efficiently
- Own updates to Brandshops playbook for the Art & Video Departments. Build out Brandshop's rate card in partnership with Brandshop Department Leads & Creative Operations team
- Work with post-sale teams to ensure a smooth transition of any projects from pre-sale to post-sale
- Develop processes & workflows to track & organize pre-sale requests
- Collaborate with members of the Creative Operations team & partner departments to develop a more efficient & accurate forecasting process
- Ensure Brandshop is appropriately staffed based on forecasts & provide hiring support
- Oversee execution for special projects by creating budgets, managing timelines, leading & facilitating meetings, & tracking deliverables to ensure proper execution of all program elements
- Maintain constant knowledge of current & upcoming projects & business development activities. Share regular forecasting updates with Creative Operations team & Art & Video Department leads
- Evaluate the successes & challenges of requests during the RFP stage, gathering feedback from all involved parties. Review & use findings to continuously improve & build more efficient processes moving forward
- Support Creative Operations team members with additional operational tasks for Brandshop when bandwidth permits
- Bachelors degree & 3-5 years experience in project management, creative resourcing, account management, or design management at an agency or studio
- Thorough understanding of creative processes & timelines from brief through delivery
- High emotional intelligence, people-person, manages expectations well
- Skillful negotiator, strong collaborator, & resourceful problem solver
- A knack for identifying potential roadblocks & providing solutions along the way
- Process-oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process
- Passionate & respectful of the creative process, acting as the supportive, solutions-oriented anchor within any execution
- Expert prioritization skills with ability to champion creative team to produce high-quality deliverables on time
- Excellent project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Seasoned in managing a high volume of work streams. Ability to multitask & manage multiple deadlines concurrently
- Knowledge of no-code tools, such as Ceros, Splash, & Celtra preferred
- Experience using Google Suite, AirTable, & project management tools preferred
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.