The Senior Accountant is the key in-house accounting contact for SeedInvest. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to make the step up to overseeing an accounting process for an exciting business that is looking to re-define how startups raise capital. You will be able to create processes & procedures for SeedInvest as the first in-house accounting hire for the business, get great exposure to broker-dealer accounting & regulatory requirements & become the subject matter expert on the SeedInvest business for the broader Circle Accounting team.
What you'll work on
- Serve as the FinOp principal & accounting lead
- Oversee the accounting function for the broker-dealer & ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage regulatory reporting processes including net capital computations, daily cash reconciliation process, & FINRA required reporting (eg, FOCUS & SSOI reports) & other FINRA support as needed
- Prepare computations for Customer Reserve 15c3-3 & Net Capital 15c3-1 computations
- Ensure accurate & timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, & year-end close process
- Assist in the efforts for the preparation, review & approval of the organizations financial statements, including annual operating, cash, & capital budgets, & monitoring budget vs. actual operating performance
- Oversee operational accounting for the firm, including AP & AR
- Help develop dashboards to track business performance, identify trends & act as a strategic partner to functional leaders
- Provide support for financial projects & support the work of Circles Financial Planning & Analysis team for budgeting & creating financial projections
- Assist in annual tax preparation & financial audit processes
- Drive innovation & automation of various processes & functions at SeedInvest to ensure maximum efficiency & areas for development & improvement
- This role reports directly to the SeedInvest CEO (in NYC) with a dotted line to the Circle Controler located in Boston
What you'll bring to SeedInvest
- Series 27 registered preferred, ideally with at least one year experience as FINOP principal
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA / MBA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably brokerage accounting
- In-depth knowledge of SEC Rules 15c3-3 & 15c3-1
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/familiarity with Sage Intacct, Quickbooks, Slack, Mac OSX & GSuite
SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups & boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception & has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
In March, 2019 Circle Internet Financial. acquired SeedInvest. Circle is a global crypto finance company built on blockchain, powered by crypto assets, & dedicated to helping people & institutions create & share value globally. Circle's suite of products enable customers to send & receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in & trade crypto assets. Circle is backed by $250 million from Goldman Sachs, Baidu, IDG, Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, & other leading global investors.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.