Fraud Prevention Specialist
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names & they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for someone that is passionate about preventing fraud & abuse. The ideal candidate has excellent research & investigation skills, is comfortable using data to identify patterns & trends, enjoys challenging/ complex case work & is able to help us resolve urgent issues impacting consumers worldwide. In this role, you will work with team members across the organization to investigate issues, determine root cause gaps that bad actors exploit & determine how best to close those gaps.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in a business or technology discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience working cases in the compliance, fraud or abuse space, preferably within an eCommerce, Email, or Telecommunications organization
- You have basic technical skills including basic SQL & an understanding of APIs & data analytics.
- Youre empathetic & love working with customers to solve their problems, backed with data.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills & comfort with ambiguity.
- You have above average written & verbal communication skills & are able to articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You are willing to collaborate with communications partners & players in the industry to resolve issues, troubleshoot, & build trust.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management & organizational skills & are comfortable working under pressure.
As a Fraud Prevention Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES:Protect Twilio customers & consumers through ongoing identification of bad actors, fraudulent activity & evolving tactics - taking action daily to stop bad actors/ activity while minimizing false positives.
- BE BOLD: Identify trends, root cause gaps & recommend appropriate preventative solutions to stop bad actors from being successful.
- BE AN OWNER: Use a variety of internal & external tools to Investigate cases assigned quickly & efficiently, perform analysis to understand bad actor behavior & demonstrate willingness to learn & become a subject matter expert in fraud investigations.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure the most critical cases are worked first, determine the best actions to take to minimize losses & consumer harm.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Twilios Product & Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling & external product offerings.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design & optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is located wherever you are: youll be a fully remote employee that works from home full-time. What: you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact, seeks diverse talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint, that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.