At Mack Weldon, were reinventing men's basics with premium fabrics, smart design, & simple shopping. We started with underwear & socks, pieces that could make our customers more comfortable every day. In seven years, weve greatly expanded our product offering, customer base, & teamand were just getting started.
Were a fairly small but fast-growing group of apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, & customer service experts working together in the name of comfort. And were looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join us. If that sounds like you keep reading.
As an Analytics Engineer, your mission will be to provide clean & accurate data sets to end users, modeling data in a way that empowers end users to answer their own questions. You will work to apply software engineering best practices to the production & maintenance of analytics code & transform raw data into consumable information & business logic. As a member of our Data Analytics team, you will work closely with our Senior Data Scientist & Marketing Data Analyst to provide data-driven insights that inform key business decisions.
Note: We are committed to hiring & cultivating a diverse team. The qualifications & experiences below are a guide & we would love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Our Data Analytics stack utilizes Snowflake, Stitch Data, SQL, dbt, & Looker.
WHAT YOULL DO EVERY DAY
- Support & contribute to the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible to end users
- Integrate new data sources & build ingestion pipelines for our data warehouse
- Write production-quality ELT/ETL data transformation code with an eye for performance, maintainability & scalability
- Help bridge the gap between understanding business needs & knowing how to design efficient, usable data models
- Diagnose & fix data discrepancies & maintain transparent code to ensure business requirements & consistent ETL logic
- Collaborate with stakeholders in our growth marketing, merchandise planning, digital product, & finance & operations departments to define business questions & identify opportunities for data-driven improvements
- Build & maintain dashboards in Looker to deliver insights & help non-technical stakeholders be able to regularly track KPIs
- Document & communicate data insights & recommendations to stakeholders across the company & advocate for a data-driven culture internally & externally
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Curiosity & creative problem-solving skills
- An experienced full-stack analyst (a.k.a. analytics engineer), with 5+ years of experience in data science, data analysis, data engineering, or a relevant analytical/quantitative field
- Advanced SQL skills; experience with Python and/or R is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake, dbt, Stitch, & Looker (or similar tools) preferred
- Knowledge of data warehousing best practices
- Excellent communication skillsbeing someone who values building relationships with colleagues & enjoys explaining complex topics in simple terms
- Highly motivated to work autonomously with strong organizational & time management skills
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear