Backend Software Engineer Delivery Optimization
Walmart New Product Innovation
Walmart New Product Innovation is a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our offices in Greenpoint, Brooklyn & SoHo, NYC.
This past fall, our team launched Walmart InHome, a service that delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. The service is now available in three cities - Kansas City, Pittsburgh & Vero Beach. As InHome expands to new markets, the team is also beginning to work on new products & services for Walmart customers.
What We Are Looking For
Our team is in the process of scaling up InHome & other delivery initiatives across Walmart. We are looking for a talented & self-motivated engineer to help tackle this difficult problem. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers, & operations team members to build a powerful & flexible delivery fulfillment system. An ideal candidate has a mindset of iterating quickly & learning every step of the way.
What Youll Do
- Play a critical role in architecting the next generation of delivery fulfillment at Walmart
- Develop a sandbox environment which will allow us to run analysis to analyze the impact of potential strategies.
- Build backend services capable of processing vast amounts of data
- Integrate with existing Walmart services & data sources
- Develop APIs to support mobile & web systems
- Deploy applications to Azure cloud using Docker/Kubernetes
- Iterate rapidly to build a next-generation e-commerce product
- Prior experience with routing or logistics problems is a plus.
- Intrinsic motivation & the ability to learn quickly
- Enthusiasm for creating new services that will be supporting new innovative products
- Experience with databases (Postgres, SQL), caches (Redis) & Azure Cloud Services
- Strong passion for automation, testing, & code quality
- Knowledge in building highly scalable, reliable, & maintainable services
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study with 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in Brooklyns Greenpoint neighborhood
- Kitchen stocked with fresh fruits & snacks