As our Manager of Account & Reporting, you will be part of the Omni Direct to Consumer Brands Group within the worlds largest retailer.You'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from managing our financial close process & reviewing monthly GL reconciliations to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records & performing financial analysis.
Reporting to ourOmni Direct to Consumer Brand Controller, you will partner with the Accounting & Finance teams on accounting treatments & process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements & be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lines, business functions & all brands in our portfolio. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements & overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker & problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
What youll do:
- Reconcile & prepare month-end balance sheet & income statement from a financial & management reporting perspective by legal entity, product & line of business, taking into consideration inter-business adjustments across lines of business
- Prepare information & reports for consolidation at the DNVB level including: monthly & quarterly reporting, forecasts & ad hoc requests
- Prepare financial & business related analysis at an entity level & line of business level for revenues & expenses reporting & control
- Perform follow-up & forecasting on an ongoing basis throughout the year
- Perform efficiencies analysis by brand & line of business
- Generate expenses data for brands at the most granular level of detail
- Prepare monthly presentations for senior management
- Participate in the budgetary process & 5-year Long Range Plan
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts for monthly, quarterly & year-end regulatory reporting
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Review & support all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- Have 5-7 years of accounting experience including some public accounting experience, preferably working with public companies
- Have a CPA & Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Are experienced in GAAP, SEC reporting & Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Showcase strong financial & technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance. Specific experience in new Leasing & Rev Rec guidance a plus!
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce & retail
- Thrive in a fast paced environment & are excited to provide support to other departments through various ad hoc financial requests & special projects
- Have experience coaching a team & reviewing work
- Will own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries & account reconciliations
- Are proficient in Excel & ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in NetSuite or similar ERP. Experience with implementing new ERP system is a strong plus!
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn & a positive attitude
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy, & positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, & awesome coworkers
- Wear a lot of hats & value self-starters & initiative
- Are excited to hear from you