Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization providing agile, high performance data integration & data abstraction across the broadest range of enterprise, cloud, big data, unstructured data sources, & real-time data services, at half the cost of traditional approaches. Denodo's customers across every major industry have gained significant business agility & ROI by enabling faster & easier access to unified business information for agile BI, big data analytics, Web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & enterprise data services. Denodo is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, operates globally, & has subsidiaries in six other countries worldwide. It is well-funded, profitable, & privately held.
Denodo is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to join us in our Munich office. In this role, you will provide important legal support to the Company & its EMEA operations. Your responsibilities will be varied & include interfacing with external legal advisors in different countries, & drafting, reviewing & negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements. You will frequently interact with external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate & clear, yet thorough manner.
Primary job responsibilities
- Negotiate, structure, & manage numerous types of commercial agreements including business development & sales-related agreements, licensing, services, confidentiality, & partnership agreements.
- Support bid & proposal efforts, including preparing representations & certifications.
- Work with Operations & Finance teams to resolve contractual issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for contract-related questions.
- Interface with external legal teams providing services to the Company in our different locations across EMEA.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to Sales, Business Development & Product teams, balancing business objectives & legal risk.
- Act as subject-matter expert for legal matters relating to Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, Security & regulatory compliance.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies & goals.
- Develop & present training materials & guidelines regarding contract processes & legal compliance to all departments.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 1+years of experience negotiating complex Software agreements with companies of all sizes, including Fortune 500.
- Strong working knowledge of the Software industry & Contract law, Intellectual Property law, Commercial law (including European commercial law), & Software licensing.
- Analytical, negotiation, & drafting skills demonstrated through your work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- The ability to work independently as well as the ability to identify when senior or outside counsel should be consulted.
- Experience developing & managing policies & procedures regarding contracts & commercial relationships, including development of appropriate form documents & clauses.
- A strong client service focus & the ability to efficiently prioritize workflow & manage multidimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of how to balance legal risk with business objectives & successfully get deals closed.
- Fluent in German & working knowledge ofEnglish. Other European languages like Spanish, Italian, French will be a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.