The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an experienced Internal Controls Analyst to join our growing team! You will partner with Accounting, Engineering, Legal, HR & Leadership to implement an internal controls strategy for Squarespace's fast-paced, high-growth business.
The Internal Controls Analyst will be a proactive member of the finance team with experience assessing & improving control environments. You should improve outcomes & manage processes with cross functional teams to solve complex issues.
You will report into the Manager, Internal Controls & will be based in our NYC headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Help design, execute, & maintain an effective internal control environment over financial reporting
- Ensure risk assessment & control frameworks are in place, & running effectively & efficiently
- Create internal control narratives, flowcharts & risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Management in Identifying important business & technology risks & mitigation strategies
- Track remediation to completion & provide recommendations for control improvements
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CIA, CISA and/or CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 & COBIT frameworks
- Experience executing controls & audit strategies to drive results
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative & displays a high energy level
- Strong organizational, prioritization & process improvement skills
- Effective communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $44,000 - $96,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.