Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
On the Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team our goal is to extract insights from voluminous amounts of data & set the strategic course for online bidding. The general problems to solve are unconstrained; we are tasked with spending a large budget as efficiently as we can. How we achieve that is up to us. We are looking for entrepreneurial Data Scientists who can help continue to capture & retain unique visitors to our site from online search & social media platforms.
What Youll Do:
- Analyze data, & design & implement data science or machine learning solutions
- Aid the engineers who will implement your solutions in production
- Communicate solutions to both a technical & a lay audience. E.g., what is it, how does it solve the problem, why is it reasonable, what could go wrong
- Estimate the long-term conversion rate of each of hundreds of millions of keywords, combinations of demographics, & other forms of targeting
- Analyze searches entered online & site activity to find new keywords & negative keywords
- For any given monthly spend target & measure of efficiency (e.g., CPL, ROI), estimate the efficiency metric which will result in the target spend.
- Measure the impact of television & radio advertising on online advertising
Who You Are:
- You have owned Data Science for an organization
- Experience working with datasets, & strong interest in deep data analysis with a desire to investigate large amounts of Data & generate insights
- Practical Experience in Python or R
- Deep understanding of numbers with strong business sense
- Understanding of the following principles:
- Time Series
- Classification Algorithms
- Recommender Systems
- Feature Engineering
- Data Manipulation & Cleaning
- Advanced Degree (or relevant experience) in one of the following: Statistics, Computer Science (ideally with a focus on machine learning) or any quantitative field which makes use of advanced statistical or machine learning techniques
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.