Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role
Based in the USA, the Director of Sales, Global Strategic Accounts will focus on recruiting top talent, developing & enabling the team, as well as executing the sales strategy within the assigned global accounts / vertical industries to drive revenue growth & acquire new customers. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a strong business acumen, ability to motivate & lead the team, & an aptitude to learn new things. Most likely, you have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field & know the customer segments we sell to. Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition & join Planet on our mission to see change & change the world.
Impact Youll Own:
- Define & execute a global sales plan to meet & exceed sales goals in new & existing accounts.
- Empower Account Managers through strategic planning sessions, accountability & execution.
- Plan & direct sales staff activities & objectives to maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance goals & measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive results.
- Manage & accurately report global sales pipeline & forecast on a weekly basis.
- Drive visionary & strategic opportunity within accounts.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues & products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct reports, management, customers & support staff.
- Work with Customer Success, Marketing, SDRs & Professional Services to build & foster strong relationships with customers that lead to new business growth opportunities.
What You Bring:
- Experienced. 10+ years in software or technical sales with 5+ years in managing a sales team with assigned accounts.
- Performer. Consistent achievement of sales goals with high seller participation.
- Entrepreneurial. Knowing how to build & grow a business from scratch is essential.
- Go-Getter. Highly driven individual with an execution focus, a strong sense of urgency & a belief in Planets mission.
- Passion & Conviction. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed & resourceful.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter & motivator of people.
- Tools. Experience with Salesforce.com, Clari, or a similar CRM System
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $106,200 - $192,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.