Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
As a member of the Map Search team you are passionate about delivering a best-in-class map experience to consumers & agents, & you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product & business decisions. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development & provide expertise on both front- & back-end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity & re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure & style. You also possess strong algorithmic & data structure knowledge.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop & scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Collaborate with product & design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit & mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- 6+ years experience writing database-driven web applications in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- In-depth understanding & hands on experience with a relational database (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms (we use AWS), containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery
- Understanding of & adherence to industry-standard best practices in software development & architecture
- Experience with Google Maps API, Mapbox API, or equivalent is a plus
- Familiarity with geospatial data standards like GeoJSON or WKT, & related libraries is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog, including this post from the Map Search team!