Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Operations Manager for Vendor Strategy & Oversight to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York City, New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will be accountable for being the primary owner of business operations & relationship management for our utilization management delegated partners, including setting the overall strategy that we deploy with our delegates, while also managing the day-to-day operations & process improvement initiatives.
- Become the go-to individual at the company for utilization management delegate oversight operations
- Develop a broad & deep understanding of your delegated partners & the markets they operate in
- Set & drive delegate oversight strategy including determining new markets & vendors to work with
- Oversee short-term & long-term partner performance against targets & regularly report findings out to Oscar stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to reduce unnecessary costs and/or improve member experience through contracting initiatives, operational improvements, or otherwise
- Continually refine operational processes for delegate oversight to ensure compliance & scalability
- Support your team & leadership by driving decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Interface regularly with Oscar business leads to drive discussions related to delegate oversight, ensure deliverables are completed on time & remove roadblocks
- 5+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management, and/or operations
- Experience in program management and/or design or implementation
- Experience in a client facing/vendor management role
- Experience with improving processes & workflows as well as working with multiple stakeholders to ensure success
- Experience with utilization management for health plans
- Consulting or similar experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.