What you'll do
About Walmart.com & Jet.com
Work at a startup & the Fortune 1 Company at the same time:We are transforming e-commerce by combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service. Weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers & the environment:You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money & time so that they can live better, & you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people & our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic & fun work culture:Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers & Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, & bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible & fun work culture. Were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliantly.
About the Everyday Living Category Specialist Role
The Everyday Living team covers a full spectrum of products in Everyday Living & we are looking for category specialists to build http://Walmart.com to become the destination for American households. Our category teams are working at the heart of the Walmart Ecommerce mission; to save busy families money and time. As a part of the Everyday Living Team, you will have direct responsibility for the end-to-end customer experience on products that America's families buy every day. You will partner directly with the largest consumer packaged goods companies in the world, & also develop relationships with emerging premium brands to build the best possible assortment for the customer. You will be given tools to make changes that immediately impact what the customer sees, & with thousands of units sold per day, you will quickly see the impact of your work. Ultimately, you will own the P&L for your category & make a real impact on Walmart's eCommerce business.
Category Specialistsare at the center of Walmarts eCommerce Retail organization, playing a key role in our holiday strategy. You'll be equipped with the tools, infrastructure, & training to assist you in owning & driving a focused category.
Grow through three dimensions:
- Run an e-commerce business from day one; be exposed to retail category management leveraging your leadership, communication & analytical skills
- Be trained in all required skills, tools & systems by a dedicated team
- Be mentored by experienced leaders who will advise & help you succeed
Be part of a cohort:You will be part of a cohort of best in class peers growing & learning alongside you from day one with you. This group will become your community of peers & together you will reshape the Retail organization.
Develop your ideas:Develop your ideas internally & pitch them to leadership. Run the extra-mile & work closely with the Incubation & Strategic Partnerships team to develop the next generation of commerce ideas.
Your impact:You will be joining a mission oriented company that is striving to improve peoples lives. This role is aligned on the mission & is built on a win-win-win approach, you learn how to drive a business customers benefit from your work we fulfill our mission to save people money so that they can live better.
Category Specialist - Principles
End to end owner of managing the performance of your category of products
You own it:Category Specialistare the business owners for a product category. You are responsible for managing the performance across multiple sites. Your job is to blend the art with science using your intuition fueled by data/analytics & passion for helping our customers.
You drive it:World-class interpersonal & persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors & coordinating cross functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer & work backwards, decoding their needs & journeys.
You lead your partners:You work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues & have access to industry-leading merchandising tools & technology to help you analyze & interpret customers, market, business & financial insights at scale.
- As the owner of your category youwill be developed & trained to:
- Manage & monitor onboarding & item set up process to make sure products are available & ready to sell
- Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing/ enhancing product attributes & taxonomy
- Manage Item / category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic & enhanced content. Find new ways in which our customers can discover your products at our sites
- Optimize item & category pricing. Manage product margins & benchmark competitors
- Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends & improvement opportunities
- Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product & supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance
- Travel as needed
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors degree with a strong academic background
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- Possess a Founders mentality & bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business & polish the customer experience
- Strong communication & team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Fast learner; absorbing information & experiences & applying them
- Previous internship or work experience is preferred
Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.