Vectra Networks delivers a new class of advanced threat defense that delivers real-time detection & analysis of active network intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both internal & Internet-facing network traffic to automatically detect all phases of a breach as attackers attempt to spy, spread, & steal within your network.
Vectra directly analyzes network traffic in real time using a patent-pending combination of data science, machine learning, & behavioral analysis to detect attacker behaviors & user anomalies in the network. All detections are correlated & prioritized to show an attack in context, & Vectra Networks' machine learning adapts as attacks evolve.
Are you technically savvy but also love to sell? If so, then this job may be the perfect fit for you! As a key member of the Vectra sales team, you will be responsible for supporting Territory Sales Managers, prospects & Vectra customers throughout the territory. Specific responsibilities will include pre-sales support of prospects all the way through the closing of the deal (and who doesnt love closing a deal?!). And because we love our customers, some post-sales support may be necessary periodically.
- Pre-sales technical support & technical account management for Vectra's Regional Sales Managers.
- Walk customers & partners through demos & problem solving in clear, concise matter by being the subject matter expert on all things Vectra
- Explore & maintain knowledge of Vectra's key competitors.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop about product functionality & product desires experienced in the field
- Partner with the Product Management & R&D departments to develop features critical to Vectra's success.
- Develop & maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Vectra product line.
- Identify new opportunities by creating & developing strong technical relationships with customers & channel partners
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape
- Collaborate with Customers on Technology reviews, product findings, & integration with other technologies they may have.
- Collaborate with other Vectra Engineers on high-level projects to deliver Vectra technologies to our customers.
- Participate in deployment review & forecast calls.
- Participate in design review & release meetings.
- Travel as needed within region.
- 4+ years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a Systems Engineer.
- 4+ years experience with Active Directory, LDAP, VPN, firewalls, policy management & LAN/WAN/Internet services administration.
- 4+ years experience with security-focused product lines (firewalls, sandboxing, SIEM, forensics-type platforms) with the ability to translate into security best practices.
- Expert knowledge in security & fundamental knowledge of switching, routing, QoS.
- Strong understanding of encryption & authentication technologies including RADIUS, PKI, IKE, certificates, IPsec, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL.
- Strong UNIX, Linux, Windows administration & Windows-based systems skills.
- Experience with caching, proxies, and/or L7 networking a plus.
- Exceptional written & verbal communications, & presentation skills.
- Ready, willing & able to do "whatever it takes" with motivation to find solutions rather than admire the challenge.
- Startup DNA is a must.
- Understanding of red team / blue team methodologies a plus.
- BS EE/CS or equivalent experience.