Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, & making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, & discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce online & in our retail stores. You will play a significant role in shaping our software solutions that provide measurable customer value. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design, & operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions & evangelize best practices.
As a Software Engineer on the e-commerce team you will build features that excite & delight users to drive customer acquisition, conversion, & retention across the entire site. We are a small but nimble team where everybody works on meaningful, high impact projects that move the needle for Glossier. We are strong owners & eager builders looking to launch Glossier to new heights.
Six Month Expectations
- Become proficient in our environment & learn how our systems work together to support our public website.
- Work closely with product managers & designers to create useful & polished user experiences.
Twelve Month Expectations
- Take ownership of one of our primary website surfaces & influence the direction of new feature sets.
- Contribute continuous improvements to our design system.
- Grow & mentor other engineers on best practices for frontend engineering.
- 1+ years of software development experience building customer-facing applications
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in design systems & with building maintainable, modular components
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines best practices
- TypeScript, Ruby/Rails nice to have
- E-commerce experience nice to have
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.