Appian is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join our Procurement Department. Appian is in hyper growth mode, which means that this newly created position will be necessary to support our growing organization. The successful candidate will need to feel comfortable supporting a large volume of agreements across the different Appian departments globally. There will be minimal travel required initially, with the potential to increase as the company & department grow.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience conducting risk mitigation & cost reduction initiatives through competitive reviews, contract negotiations & other agreed-upon strategies.
- The ability to review contract language & compliance requirements in contractual documentation.
- The ability to develop & sustain relationships across various Appian departments, including Marketing, IT, HR, Legal, Sales, & Engineering.
- To collaborate with various levels of Appian personnel to negotiate vendor contract agreements for the acquisition of various services & goods.
- To maintain comprehensive contract files in our Vendor Contract Management System.
- To develop & improve purchasing policies & procedures.
- To maintain the confidentiality of pricing among vendors & outside parties.
- The ability to manage vendor conflicts & mitigate corporate risk.
- The ability to take initiative to improve systems, processes, & contract templates.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 3+ years of experience reviewing & negotiating contracts, preferably in a corporate setting
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business, Materials Management, or related field
- Juris Doctor preferred
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.