MakeSpace is a venture-backed startup redefining the storage offering. The $40B storage industry is ripe for change: antiquated business practices & a bad customer experience. MakeSpace is quickly overtaking the category with rapid growth in 20 new market this year. Our business provides truly customer-centric offering & fair pricing, powered by advanced technology & modern business practices. With this exceptional consumer product & strong business framework, we have massive opportunity to scale & grow.
We are just getting started.
- Write & deploy high quality code that directly impacts our operations & consumer experience.
- Design & document stable REST APIs & asynchronous communications.
- Integrate with other teams like web, growth to integrate solutions & plan dependencies.
- Write code that will perform efficiently & accurately in an asynchronous architecture as well as look for opportunities to scale existing architecture & infrastructure components.
- Work on web & mobile products that are essential to our Operations & Growth Teams.
- Form & guide technical & architectural decisions.
- Function as a tech lead & mentor junior engineers in code, design & efficient processes.
- Youve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth & inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer & strive to have a large impact on your team & the company through your product contributions.
- Youre motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn & strive towards being the best software engineer you can be. This includes having an impact & learning : reading & writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking, open-source contributions sharing via brownbags etc.
- Deep competence in Python & ReactJS; Or at least in either if you can demonstrate quickly learning a new programming stack.
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ or other methods, caching via Redis, & AWS deployments & services.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
- An interest in finding tangible solutions to Logistics & Transportation problems that help drive positive customer experiences.
Our existing tech stack is a React & Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services thats deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS & using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.