Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
Tradeshift's App Platform Team takes what is unique about a company's supply chain & turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate & digitize their supply chain - that's where our Apps Team comes in. Tradeshift Apps provides individual pluggable applications that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of fun individuals from all different backgrounds, & we're excited to support our new engineers!
- Leading team(s) building software to solve big problems & designing solutions with cutting edge technology
- Working with customers to gain insight into the world's largest supply chains & working on projects to digitize & provide transparency & traceability across the supply chain.
- Acting as a thought leader in developing solutions, from prototyping & high-level system design to application development
- Leading teams of forward deployed engineers working with prospects & customers architecting solutions on the front line.
- Evangelizing Tradeshift's Platform both internally & with customers
- Able to lead discussions to develop strategic direction, roadmap, vision, design, architecture, etc.
- Understand the intricacies of the mobile wallet technology (i.e., security, financials, loans, appreciation over time, holding money in wallets, geographic & international compliance & regulations, etc.)
- Experienced enough to quickly estimate the level of work required for a system change or project
- A dislike of grammatical errors on a personal level
- Enjoy talking to customers to understand their needs, & you also enjoy writing code
- You can translate sales pitches to system implementations & vice versa
- You enjoy the challenge of solving an abstract problem & adopting or building the technology to do it
- Good communication skills: To be successful you'll need to work together with many engineers, product teams, sales teams, & customers around the globe
- Strong learner: You will need to pick up on how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies & business areas, from the front-end to the back-end
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas & operational platforms will require you to think out of the box & address unforeseen challenges as they come up
- Experience with cloud-based architectures as well as build & deployment models
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases & database architecture
- Experience designing & developing web services & infrastructure
- Experience developing web applications with large scope & complexity
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts
- Integration experience
Tradeshiftallows every employee to come to work just as they are & truly be themselves. We are a unified team with one mission but appreciate & value every employee's diverse background, & encourage them to speak up & share their opinions. The work is exciting, with lots of opportunity for growth.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious, international startup environment in Shanghai, China
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Being part of a super dedicated, agile team of very skilled people
- Revolutionizing the way small businesses do business, & help the world get rid of paper invoices
- A competitive compensation package including bonus
- Trips to tech-camps in United States & Denmark working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- 15 days annual leave, Medical benefit plan, lunch allowance etc.