Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, & seamless.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the Search Product Team. As an experienced data & analytics professional you will be embedded within the team to identify, design & execute detailed analyses that provide actionable insights & directly influence the product roadmap.
At Compass You Will
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define success metrics, develop mechanisms to track the data, & ensure all teams can use data to make decisions
- Conduct exploratory analysis to inform product strategy & evaluate recent product releases
- Explore our data through user segmentation, cohort analysis, funnels, regression models, etc. to drive a better shared understanding of user behavior
- Create views & models in Looker using LookML
- Partner with engineering & business intelligence teams to implement, document, validate, & monitor our logging & metrics
- Implement our Data Design standards & advocate them throughout the org
- Champion & build a culture of data informed decision making
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or a related field)
- 2+ years experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, & optimizing SQL queries, ETL jobs, & data pipelines in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Experience with Business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Be self-driven, & show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects
- Familiarity with statistical packages such as R, SAS, SPSS; experience with a scripting language such as Python is a plus but not required
- Predictive modeling experience & experience with A/B testing frameworks is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Strong communication skills, particularly in relation to data presentation
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.