Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating a supply chain with leading technology manufacturers around the world.
We are looking for a supply chain enthusiast to build new robust relationships with all our hardware & component manufacturers. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capacity & Supply Chain, the Hardware Supply Chain Planner will be essential to strengthening our supply chain strategy.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop & execute raw materials & components supply chain strategy
- Manage relationships with key suppliers. Address any potential supply risks, working closely with cross-functional partners.
- Act as liaison for DigitalOcean supply chain & procurement team
- Work with Infrastructure Buyer to negotiate volume & pricing
- Closely partner with Infrastructure Engineering team on internal certification progress
- Aggregate component & server forecast from Capacity Planning team
- Communicate & manage long term forecasting with component manufacturers, server manufacturers & integrators
- Attend industry events/conferences to ensure DigitalOcean maintains excellent visibility to vendors
What Well Expect From You:
- You have superb negotiation skills balancing cost reduction & relationship management
- You are well versed in server technology & various server hardware components
- You understand how to maneuver the supply chain landscape
- You have demonstrated success in managing vendor relationships on behalf of a large enterprise
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!