Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, & personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty & administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment thats fun, collaborative & innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education & aren't afraid to show it.
Design at Schoology
Here are three things you may want to know about being a Senior Product Designer at Schoology:
- We focus on research & solving the right problems before springing into action.
- Experimenting & testing alternative ways is something we love to do.
- We welcome creative thinkers with unique perspectives that want to take on challenges & advance whats possible in education.
Our Senior Product Designers collaborate with all disciplines at every step of the process from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping & experimenting, to launching the final experience. You will be part of a team that welcomes all ideas from all sources & grows from these ideas
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Lead insight gathering to better understand our users needs, behaviors & intentions by conducting user research at every step of the process.
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows and journey maps to effectively communicate interaction & design ideas
- Translate concepts into storyboards & user flows to help bring ideas to life through functioning prototypes & working demos
- Be an internal leader with respect to emerging design trends & new technologies in the field of UX Design.
In order to succeed as a Senior Product Designer, you will have:
- 8+ years of experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to advocate for what is right for our users.
- Demonstrated experience articulating the strategy behind your work & mapping decisions to specific objectives.
- Strong conceptual & pragmatic frameworks for how to conduct meaningful, illuminating user research.
- The ability to design consistent experiences across multiple devices, & insight about how mobile interfaces influence user behavior.
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, & color.
- Care for & passion to use & extend our design system in your solution.
- The ability to mentor & grow product the discipline of product design & the abilities of other product designers on the team.
We'd love to hear from you. Please send us your resume along with your portfolio detailing your specific input on design for each product/project presented. We should be able to recognize your design sense, your reasoning and your project presentation should be clear.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our Core Values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity & Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer & embraces diversity of every kind.