We are changing the world! Do you want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility & control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience?
At Tanium, our ITSM Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) specialist team works closely with Sales & Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage our customers. We guide & lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, & provide comprehensive Proof of Value (POV) for our ITSM/ITOM joint venture with Salesforce.
You will be leading interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analyzing customers' current technology & architecture, operational & business needs. Owning deep-dive technical discussions, & then developing a tailor-made presentation of the joint Salesforce/Tanium ITSM/ITOM solution.
What youll do:
- Customer-facing, Channel, Tanium & Salesforce Sales & presales technical enablement, including training around the joint-solution's value proposition. This will include enabling the teams on new Tanium features that will continue to grow with the ITSM solution
- Work directly with sales teams to help them create solutions focused on IT Operations & Asset Management & how they deliver value to customers' IT management & operational challenges.
- Oversee & participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos & highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers & new sales opportunities that showcase our ITOM & ITSM solutions
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium & Salesforce to solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales & POV process line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering & sales teams to ensure maximum technical effectiveness & consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently address our customers needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with the customer, in addition to relationships with peers & partners
- Participate & speak at marketing events & conferences
- Staying current on the ITSM market & understanding differentiators between the company & its competitors.
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, professional services, & support organizations to improve effectiveness & efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers & prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in Service Management or Operations Management
- 5+ years in or selling into the SLED ITSM space
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise with IT Operations Management tools & processes
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects & producing successful outcomes
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with ITSM & ITOM processes, platforms, & implementations
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex problems & solving them with technology.
- Are you the go-to Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist, but you enjoy working with customers on delivering successful outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the sales process?
- Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers & execute excellence at every level?
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers, financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world, & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.