Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Director of Open Systems Application Development. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design & develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, & perform unit & integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting & resolving defects during the software development life cycle. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, & Quality Assurance.
- Analyze & develop applications using SQL Server 2012 & above. This includes but is not limited to stored procedures, views, table maintenance, & SSIS.
- Design, develop, document & implement new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Develop unit-tests & oversee execution.
- Create documentation & procedures for installation & maintenance.
- Work as part of a development team & establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, as well as management.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate & recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define & implement solutions.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Microsoft SQL Server databases (2012 & above).
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience with database design.
- Experience with .Net CLR.
- Extensive familiarity with Windows operating system administration
- Experience with Localization / Internationalization of web applications.
- Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas & document in a clear & concise way.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed & thorough.
- Must have experience in all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system certification, systems implementation & system validation.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.