The Director of Product Commercialization is part of the Supply Chain Operations function. He/She will lead a technical team of experts on Beauty R&D, Manufacturing & Packaging to
- Support the commercialization of new physical products for Glossier,
- Manage product updates or technical transfers in order to support our supply chain & product strategies
- Support the evaluation & assessment of our current & new vendor base
6 Month Expectations:
- Onboard & become familiar with Glossiers current physical product line as well as their materials, vendor base & manufacturing needs
- Onboard with all cross functional teams that will interact with this role (PMD, Creative, Quality, Production, GSM, Logistics)
- As much as possible, meet with & visit current factories & become familiar with the manufacturing processes for our current vendors.
- Provide guidance & leadership to put in place documentation & process for new product line trials.
- Work with Quality & Product Integrity to ensure that all product specs include acceptable manufacturing tolerances
- Support the Product Reform/Renovation process based on stakeholder priorities
12 Month Expectations:
- Continue to make progress on the Product Reform/Renovation process
- Begin to identify & evaluate automation or other technical improvements to our products to improve CoGs, capacity or lead-time
- Actively involved with GSM to qualify international or new category factories to support business expansion
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing and/or development of beauty or personal care products required
- Technical experience in R&D, Manufacturing and/or Packaging
- Experience leading a technical/professional team
- Bachelor degree in a related technical field
- Ability to travel - no more than 25% of the time.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.