Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come & join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
As a Director, Professional Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of our customers, acting as the subject matter expert for our product, & providing consulting expertise for the deployment, optimization, & operation of CockroachDB. A successful individual will be able to carry on in-depth discussions with customers' front-line technical experts as well as high-level, business talks with senior executives, taking the companys solution to the next level. To shine in this position, you must have a strong technical background (infrastructure solutions), be a critical thinker, & have a passion for problem-solving.
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical & business environment & requirements.
- Execute design & deployment plans to implement CockroachDB into new customer environments successfully.
Store, retrieve, & manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities & requirements.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, & technical issues such as software & performance maintenance.
- Follow best practices when deploying CockroachDB, ensuring a consistent & positive customer experience.
- Solve customers product related problems on clients systems remotely & onsite.
- Work closely with members of Support & Engineering teams to quickly resolve any client issues & drive customer post-sales satisfaction.
Train customers & partners on all aspects of the product & become their trusted advisor.
- Build SOWs to be delivered for customer implementation.
- Create SOW repository & best practices for implementation.
- Provide a hands-on delivery of the technology to customers.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & understand the value it brings to our customers. During this time, we also believe its important for you to establish internal relationships across documentation, product, & engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be working with customers & to better understand their needs & how they can leverage CockroachDB in their environment. Over time in this role, you will be responsible for hands-on product implementations both remotely & onsite.
- 5+ years of experience working with complex applications or distributed systems with a deep understanding of technology deployments.
- Previous customer facing role either part of consulting, sales or support.
- Experience working closely with customers & partners to successfully deploy complex, custom solutions in a variety of customer environments.
- Strong technical skills, with a firm understanding of SQL, Linux, & scripting languages (Python, Go, etc.) & one or more the of the following technologies: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure technology & solutions, especially databases.
- Strong customer service skills, with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction.
- Experience collaborating with a remote or global team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Willing to travel up to 50% based on customer & business needs.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.