NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Were looking to add a new member to our QA team: a Quality Engineer to design, write & execute automated & manual tests in multiple disciplines, summoning their deep technical background to ensure the quality of the tools & systems that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
Were looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our product & testing code, leverage existing technical strengths & teach themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern continuous delivery, software test methodologies & test automation, & be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using & scaling the systems in our existing platform. Youll focus on testing our products. Youll take responsibility for the quality of your code, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of our software through testing (integration, compatibility, functional, load, performance, regression, soak, security)
- Participate in the design of new features to ensure testability & quality
- Determine testing approach & create test plans. Author test scenarios, test cases & detailed scripts. Document test results
- Provide testing support to projects & product releases both with automated tests, & manual testing as required
- Execute pre-determined automated tests & interpret results
- Collaborate with team to improve & automate test & release processes
- Understand network load testing & traffic simulation & generation
- Advocate for quality in development & production releases. Collaborate on the release process.
- Knowledge of QA disciplines, such as unit testing, smoke testing & integration testing
- Practical knowledge of QA methodologies & automated test frameworks, such as TDD/BDD & CI/CD
- Familiarity with Linux
- Debugging various languages & tools
- Foundational understanding of networking, internet infrastructure & cloud computing
Nice to have:
- General familiarity with DNS
- Strong Linux systems programming, maintenance, & platform security skills
- Excellent UNIX & networking knowledge
- Experience managing additional QA engineers or multiple teams of engineers
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software thats deployed on physical hardware & an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, & Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Elastic, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.