Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If youre data-driven, interested in building something meaningful & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
Your team is responsible for:
As a senior leader on the Circle Platform Services team, you will manage teams that build & own scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable & secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin & Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
What you'll work on:
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives & team outings
- Design, build, & maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, & systems.
- Provide technical & architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, & maintenance of our platform
- Lead agile software processes for engineering teams & introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps & set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach & performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training & development, performance evaluation)
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups, communicating the opportunities & constraints technology offers to the development of projects
- Manage technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive & predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Circle's engineering management team
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within Circle
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3 or more years of experience with technical leadership
- 5 or more years of experience with software engineering
- Hands on technical manager experienced in designing, building & deploying secure, scalable products & services
- You love the idea of coaching & building leaders (both within your direct team & outside of your team)
- You have a passion for enabling & motivating people to do their best work
- You work very well cross-functionally, & are able to think rigorously & make hard decisions & tradeoffs
- You have experience managing remote teams
- The ability to thrive on a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy & responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.