Experience: Graduate Students
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Youre an aspiring HCI/UX researcher who has conducted novel user research/design projects in applied research/product settings, preferably published in top tier conferences, & are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems at the intersection of AI & HCI, working in a highly collaborative environment & directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, & are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art & solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Place-based/Digital Ethnography, Participatory Design (PD), Contextual User Interfaces, and/or Design of Information Systems (DIS).
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), exploring solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Currently pursuing a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Science, Interaction Design, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or related fields.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting, including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs & design practices.
- Preferably published in related fields of study (CHI, CSCW, DIS, HFES or related HCI/design conferences or journals).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up HCI/UX research projects & demonstrate progress through principled use of qualitative or quantitative metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.