PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical & detail-oriented Tax Accountant to join our tax team. This is a great opportunity to hone existing accounting, analysis, & reporting skills, while diving deeply into the financial operations of a global hedge fund.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the Tax Accountant will work closely with our Partners on all things tax preparation, planning, ad-hoc analysis & requests, & special projects. The hedge fund industry itself is complex, so youll also get a lot of exposure to the specialized tax laws we encounter.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Partner tax compliance
- Preparation of tax returns for federal, state & local jurisdictions
- Filing of estimated payments during the year
- Associated entity compliance
- Preparation trust, & partnership tax returns for federal, state & local jurisdictions
- Tax, estate, & cash flow planning & ad hoc advice for partners, employees, & internal investors
- Review of Management Company tax returns & Schedules K-1
- Involvement in tax planning & research at the management company level (e.g., sales & use tax, Federal & state audits, state apportionment & nexus thresholds, & R&D credit analyses)
- Review of all Fund tax returns & Schedules K-1
- Review of all investor Schedules K-1 & partnership tax returns prepared by external accounting firms
- Review of the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) annual filings for all applicable jurisdictions
- Stay current & provide updates on the changing tax rules in the US & applicable foreign jurisdictions
- Assist the Fund Tax team with wash sale analysis & trade level tax questions
- 10+ years of tax accounting experience - hedge fund experience not required
- Highly-proficient in Excel, & familiarity with other database applications
- Strong organizational & execution skills
- Analytically-inclined & keenly interested in problem-solving
- Process & improvement-oriented