Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a hands-on Executive Creative Director (ECD) with strong people management & brand development skills to join the Brand Design team. We're looking for a visionary creative with demonstrated experience creating sophisticated brand language that will positively impact key brand health metrics & garner attention.
As the ECD over brand design you will oversee creative output & team management of a talented group of creatives including designers & photographers, videographers, animators working on high visibility projects related to Mailchimps brand while cultivating an environment of sustained creativity & professional growth.You will partner with internal teams on creative brand direction of Mailchimp. You will also be expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects.
What You'll Do Here:
- You will be the creative leader for Mailchimps brand design team
- You will ensure that creative work aligns with Mailchimps overall brand strategy across all mediums (product, brand marketing, product marketing)
- Oversee & develop brand creative (creative strategy, key art, photography, motion graphics, custom illustration library, icons, custom fonts & any other program brand component systems, as needed)
- Collaborate with leadership across product, marketing & brand teams to build strong partnerships & trust
- Empathetically & enthusiastically guide the team in the overall direction, style, & methodology behind the work
- A natural storyteller who understands best-in-class creative (design & copy) & inspires it through the work they do
- Lead a team of experienced creative directors, designer managers, motion designers, photographers & videographers
- Push the quality of the work & craft forward constantly
- Provide the positive mentorship & guidance of others
- Help develop the culture & mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, & open
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 15+ years of professional experience in brand/marketing creative both in house & agency
- Recent experience launching creative campaigns or original content programs
- Proven experience managing, training & mentoring design teams
- Experience in collaborating with cross functional partners & leaders
- Strong knowledge of creative process & project management
- Ability to negotiate & coordinate across multiple groups & disciplines
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative campaigns & marketing work with your role clearly defined & called out
- Inspiring & skilled communicator & presenter with ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive management
- An expert understanding of the trends in retail & food brands
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, Advertising, or related fields preferred
- Passion for creativity & expression
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.