Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About this role:
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative candidate to join the social video team, helping us to create content across social platforms. Successful candidates should have skills in a variety of areas - writing, producing, editing, filming, graphics - or the desire & ability to acquire those skills quickly. In this role you will be assisting the social video team in executing the current slate of social video programming as well as pitching & creating daily text-on-screen videos. If you are obsessed with how to tell the stories of news, innovation, technology, culture & media in new ways that results in social shares & engagement this position is for you.
- Assist the Social Video team in researching & pitching text-on-screen videos
- Collaborate with writers & video producers as well as work on videos independently
- Edit text-on-screen & quickly implement notes from team leads
- Gather assets from archival sources, news wire services, social media & Cheddars news team for use in social videos.
- Edit different versions of videos specifically for each major social platform
- Write treatments & scripts
- Generate exciting & informative creative concepts focusing on stories in the business, finance, tech, innovation, culture, news & science sectors.
- Ensure the quality of all videos adhere to Cheddar guidelines & best practices
- Responsible for maintaining teams calendar & workflow
- Assist on studio & field shoots
- Maintain regular communication with the team & use project management tools to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- 1+ years of professional experience in social video, directing, shooting, editing
- Experience creating short form video for platforms including: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter.
- Excellent Adobe Premiere skills required
- Background & understanding of social video - producing, editing, shooting, etc.
- Experience with studio and/or field shoots
- Strong organizational skills with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects happening at once
- After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator skills a plus
- A deep understanding of the social video landscape, platforms & best practices
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume & cover letter. In your cover letter, please include a link to your site, reel or at least 4 videos that represent work you have done that is relevant to Cheddar. Tell us a little about yourself & what social videos you have seen that you consider best in class & why.
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.