At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
From day one, Lyfts mission has been to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, & traffic a thing of the past. Thats why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where were building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds & areas of expertise, & each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software & hardware experts work in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, California, & offices in London, England & Munich, Germany. And were moving at an incredible pace: were currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
This newly formed team will develop new experimental solutions that combine the latest findings in cutting-edge computer vision, machine learning & large-scale data processing to advance the capabilities of our existing systems & to advance the state-of-the-art of the field.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers & researchers
- Prototype new computer vision & machine learning solutions
- Develop case studies & experimentally validate hypotheses
- Collaborate with autonomous vehicles engineering teams in productionizing systems
- Advance the state-of-the-art & represent Level 5 at top-tier conferences (e.g. CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, CoRL, ICRA)
- BS or MS in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotics, or relevant experience
- 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Programming experience implementing cutting-edge DeepLearning ML solutions using PyTorch / Tensorflow
- Understanding of ML workflow: preparing the data, implementing & training ML models, evaluating results
- Nice to have: Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localisation, Planning, Simulation)
- Private health insurance, income protection, & life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike & accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request