Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Content Strategy Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies across digital media. You will lead a team of content practitioners & collaborate with design & product marketing teams to create compelling content for small business marketers.
What you'll do here:
- Manage a team of content practitioners responsible for designing & evaluating a variety of content types, from feature pages to onboarding flows.
- Collaborate with marketing, research, support, design, & product teams to understand requirements, user needs, & business goals.
- Develop & communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, etc.
- Make recommendations that shape Mailchimps master content calendar, advocating for a user-centered, data-informed approach to content planning.
- Partner with design to define content patterns for CMS modules & optimize content templates.
- Plan large-scale content evaluation efforts & identify opportunities for content testing based on analytics, user feedback, & other performance data.
- Facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices & brand voice, & advise partners on content execution.
- Provide support & mentorship, onboard new team members, remove operational blockers, & identify opportunities for individual growth.
- Create tools, guides, & templates to empower content practitioners to do their best work.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years experience as a content strategist, content marketer, copywriter, or related position, ideally in a product-focused environment
- Experience managing & developing small teams
- Understanding of UX principles & experience working with research to validate decisions
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills, with the ability to contribute to both high-level strategy while being hands-on in the content design process
- Ability to manage relationships with cross-functional teams & agency partners
- Experience working with a headless CMS a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.