Taboola is one of fastest-growing global tech companies. Taboola empowers hundreds of millions of people & thousands of publishers to personalize the Web. We enable publishers to drive editorial voice & brand safety, while giving consumers the choice to personalize their content discovery experience.
We engage over 1B online users, & deliver more than 360B content recommendations every month! As well as being one of the fastest growing tech companies in Israel, we are also growing our global reach, with offices in NY, London, Tel Aviv, LA, Taipei, Bangkok, New Delhi, Sao Paulo & more.
Taboolas Engineering Team builds high-scale, web & mobile applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable & reliable systems. As a Data Scientist at Taboola you will work in our Taipei office with a very talented team, utilizing some of the latest technology & tools.
In this role you will:
- Research & propose data science solutions based on given requirements.
- Research & build content understanding and/or predictive customer behavior models for targeting & personalization.
- Research & implement effective optimization algorithms to achieve certain business goals.
- Present findings to the product team & technical team leads in a clear & actionable way.
- Productize models & algorithms, & deploy them to the production environment.
- Build & support data pipelines for machine learning data preparation.
- Build & support machine learning automation pipelines.
- Masters degree is required, Ph.D degree is a plus; CS/CE, EE, Physics or Applied Mathematics majors are preferred
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java/Scala and/or Python required
- SQL & database experience is preferred
- Experience in collecting data from & loading data to a database or web services is preferred
- Minimum experience in using popular machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch & Tensorflow
- Good communication skills & ability to explain data & analysis to a variety of audiences & key stakeholders
- Good analytical skills to understand & interpret the data for machine learning
What is Taboola?
Taboola is the worlds leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the webs most innovative publisher sites, including the BBC, Axel Springer, LeFigaro, Evening Standard, NBC, USA Today & more!
Since our inception in 2007, Taboolas team of ninja-like engineers & digital media experts has built the worlds largest & most advanced discovery platform or search engine just the other way around that provides more than a billion users each month with personalized recommendations on many of the most innovative & most visited websites on the internet.
Thousands of leading publishers (e.g. India today, Zee, NDTV) & media agencies use Taboolas innovative technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic & distribute content to committed users on the web.
Today there are more than 1,400 taboolars around the world (and the number is growing) connecting users to content they might like but didnt know existed. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Paris, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, So Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo & Bangkok
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, hit (easy) apply!
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.