Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with a high performing group of software engineers & analysts. Our team is responsible for supporting the development of data-intensive product features & supporting the data-heavy custom application development needs of teams throughout the organization.
In this position we seek someone excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers & managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. We work with teams throughout the organization, including the Analytics & Data Science Product Domain, our Abuse Prevention Team, Marketing Analytics, Strategy Operations, & more. We seek someone comfortable with supporting the requirement definition & development for both customer-facing services & highly-visible business intelligence efforts.
We seek someone with an understanding of why & how diverse teams build better software & create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive & positive culture. We like to get things done & feel strongly about customer service & the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the teams productivity & overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole.
What youll do:
- Participate in & cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Engage in a results-oriented work style, & encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration & teamwork
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap.
- Work cross functionally with Abuse, ML Engineering, Support, Marketing & people teams to help define & scope their objectives while ensuring our solutions remain robust & scalable
- Help identify & remove obstacles to project execution
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for writing clean & simple code, & follow good development & testing practices
- Youve got experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- Working knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative environment, & actively contribute to code reviews, software design specs, team-level office hours, etc.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with stream processing or helping productionize machine learning models
- Experience developing & maintaining data-intensive applications using open source tools
- Experience with data warehousing in BigQuery, Teradata, Hive, Oracle, etc.
We primarily work with Java, Python, & Kafka, but many of our amazing engineers have picked up the languages we use while working here. Were more interested in your ability to learn & collaborate with our teams while remaining relentless on meeting the needs of our customers. We mentioned a lot of items in the description, & want to encourage all peeps to apply. We dont expect you to be familiar with everything here!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.