Product Manager, Brand Safety
New York, NY
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology & tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media & drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
The Brand Safety Product Manager will lead the definition & development of DoubleVerifys Brand Safety to increase brand protection across all environments. The PM will be in-charge of efforts to develop new functionality & services, expand the capabilities & coverage of DoubleVerifys brand safety solutions & internationalizing DoubleVerifys products.
This role is part of a cross functional team that creates products to serve advertisers & partners across the digital landscape. The role requires big data analyses, collection of requirements & developing partner & vendor relationships, while working closely with engineers. Communication skills are incredibly important as the position interfaces heavily at all levels & across functions both inside DoubleVerify & with our external partners.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, able to drive decisions from large amounts of data & has product management or engineering experience in ad tech and/or brand safety. Organizational skills & great analytical skills are also crucial for this role. Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn about web classification & brand safety targeting is key for success in this role.
What youll do
- Become a top industry expert for brand safety.
- Lead the definition & development of DVs Brand Safety & International services to optimize protection for the largest brands in the industry,
- Communicate the product vision & roadmap to key stakeholders, & foster collaboration through knowledge sharing. Manage development from concept ideation to product release, including requirement gathering & breaking down the vision to epics & stories.
- Articulate products to Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, & R&D.
- Collect customer feedback & functional needs & develop product requirements.
- Build relationships with customers, partners & prospects.
- Manage data quality efforts to ensure measurements & reporting are accurate & reported effectively.
- Create product documentation for internal & external customers.
- Participate in industry work groups & maintain product marketing materials up to date.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the DoubleVerify Client Services & sales teams in terms of best practices, product capabilities & ongoing support.
Who you are
- 4+ years of combined full time working experience with 1-3 years in Product Management.
- Bachelors degree in Quantitative/Technical field.
- Understanding of ad serving mechanics & dynamics.
- Familiarity with SQL & data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical skills & critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & great presentation skills.
- Autodidact - can dive into new subjects, identify knowledge sources & ask the right questions to learn new technologies, markets, & concepts - independently & quickly.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence.
- Experience in Ad Tech, Digital Media or similar industry.
- SQL & data analysis skills, including substantial hands-on experience.
- Experience with web based data collection, tagging & analytics.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, continuous integration, GitHub.
- Strong process management skills.
- Experience with ad verification & targeting tools.
- Passion & desire to play a key role in driving a new business to success in the advertising technology space.