In this position, you will work with the Magic Leaps perception software team in developing & optimizing cv_engine - the software engine that driving all perception algorithms on the Magic Leap 2 platform. In this role you will help the team provide new features, improve test coverage, enhance data collection & visualization tools, & contribute to performance analysis & optimizations.
- Design, implement, integrate & provide tests for cv_engine, the technology supporting all perception algorithms
- Analysis & optimization of the perception software stack for GPU, ARM, DSP or similar architectures
- Help drive the integration & development of necessary tooling & automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move faster & more confidently
- Strong programming skills in C++ (5+ years)
- Strong CS fundamentals, data structures & algorithms, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis.
- Experience with high throughput, low latency or real time systems or simulations
- Multi-process and/or multi-threaded development experience
- Experience with source code practices like git, repo, & code reviews
Preferred / additional skills:
- Willingness to support developers working on top of the teams APIs
- Experience with GPU programming platforms like CUDA or high performance architectures like VLIW, SIMD
- Computer vision, sensors (camera, time-of-flight), image processing
- Knowledge of Python
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required. Masters is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines