Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role Youll Play
As a senior product designer you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, & Leadership teams to craft unbeatable user experiences that delight our customers.
You will build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward, using data. This will include the creation of new products & features as well as improving & redesigning legacy parts of our platform.
Your work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the design team
The CB Insights design team is a small & collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, & learn from one another. We value autonomy & heads down time giving each other the space to take ownership & experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization & have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible & directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, & customer experience.
Your Main Tasks
- Translate complex, high-level concepts into clean, intuitive, & functional cross-platform experiences
- Facilitate a collaborative design process soliciting feedback early & often
- Make data-driven decisions that translate business goals into product experiences based on competitor analysis, customer feedback, site metrics & usability reports
- Continuously think about how to build habits into our experience & drive subscription growth
- Advocate for the user, validate concepts, & obtain feedback comprehensively across internal, external, & third party stakeholders
- Rapidly ideate & validate designs through sketches, prototypes, & testing knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, & when to make low-fi sketches & prototypes
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable, intuitive, & accessible user experiences
- Help implement, maintain, & evolve our design system with other product designers & engineers, advocating for scalable design solutions
- Create high-fidelity visuals & specifications for your final solutions working closely with Technical Product Managers & Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation
- Help build out product design processes, tools, & culture
- Mentor other product designers & help mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, & uphold product quality
What you bring to the table
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Experience in shipping high quality product experiences with a portfolio showcasing process, a human-centered approach, & a strong eye for detail; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Proficiency in UX, UI, wireframing, research, & design systems
- Strong understanding of usability & design principles, in addition to typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, color, & layout
- Experience designing for a software development company and/or a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital)
- Fluency in the latest product design tools & technology (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Abstract, JIRA, etc.)
- A desire to carve out your own role in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Seeks feedback early & often with an iterative, customer-centric approach to designing experiences
- Experience with & appreciation for user research & usability testing
- (not required) Experience working remotely
- Bachelor's degree in design or relevant field preferred
Youll be successful here if
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details & have great visual design skills
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy
- You are curious, & willing to go above & beyond the job description (AKA no job is too small)
- You are self-aware & humble
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!