ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports & interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Sports Traders at FanDuel are the people behind the odds that our customers bet on. We utilize stats, in-house models, industry news & our opinions to help formulate what we believe are the most accurate odds, & then manage those odds throughout their lifecycle. This includes moving prices when breaking news hits or using our in-house models to move prices live during games. We dont expect anyone to walk in the door & know everything at the start, so we take our training seriously & make sure that the successful candidate is well supported.
To put it simply, we are looking for people who are passionate about basketball & the NBA & who like numbers! If you have a high attention to detail, are calm under pressure, are comfortable with numbers & love NBA then we can teach you the rest. Being able to work in a team, stay organized & keeping our customers front of mind are also valuable skills to have.
This role is a hybrid position that involves an office presence as well as the ability to work from home. At the start of your role, we require most days to be in the office to help with training. Our office is located in Jersey City, next to the Newport PATH & just across from Manhattan.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- In time, you will be able to compile your own odds on a range of different markets using statistics & trends. For example, helping decide the price for certain players on the Knicks to score the first basket.
- You will monitor our prices & make moves where necessary, taking into consideration things like player news, customer behavior, industry prices, etc.
- You will learn how to use our sports models to fluctuate our odds throughout the game depending on what is happening in that game at the time.
- Collaborate with various teams around the business to manage things like our liabilities, our onsite display & ensuring we remain compliant across our different jurisdictions.
- Our customers are the most important thing to us, so coming up with new markets for them to bet on, settling their bets in a timely manner & all aspects of their experience are going to be important part of this role for you.
- Crunch numbers to identify trends & then make changes off the back of your findings.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- In-depth knowledge of NBA, knowledge around other sports leagues is helpful too.
- Ability to do basic & mental math problems under time pressure.
- Able to attend the Jersey City office multiple times a week.
- Its important to understand how odds relate to probability (%), & how betting markets work in that sense. But you do not have to bet yourself.
- Strong written, verbal communication & research skills are a must.
- Bachelors degree is required, feel free to apply if graduating soon
- Experience with Excel essential; knowledge of SQL, R or Python is helpful not a necessity
- Free schedule to work outside of normal business hours including weekends
- The ability to achieve a DGE license
- Happy to live & breathe basketball every day!
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.