Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Globalisation Teamis looking for a Copenhagen-based, outstanding developer to join us. You will become a member of a small, highly skilled team that sets the direction & standards for the internationalisation of Tradeshift products. You are the consultant on globalisations topics for other teams in the company.
You will createreusable components (libraries, services) to be used by other teams to solve their globalisation-related needs in an agile manner. Developand maintainglobalisation-related infrastructure. Proposeand implementimprovements on other team's codebases Consulting & educating other developers about globalisation (best practices, etc.). Research, implementand maintainregional business logic required for compliance purposes. Continuously researchthe topic & the state-of-art.
You're perfect for this role if you:
These are a must:
- Deep Knowledge of Unicode: Code points, encoding schemes, normalisation forms
- Knowledge of related technical standards in this field such as
- IETF BCP 47, ISO 639, 3166 & 8601
- Previous experience with the ICU library
- Previous experience in the compliance area
- Being comfortable with Linux/Unix & the command line
- Experience with Angular & React
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD
- Working experience in structured development & build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration & deployment)
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!