The business & content analytics team focuses on growing & engaging BuzzFeeds audiences across distributed platforms. The team is data-driven & results-focused. We are seeking a talented analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, creativity, & business. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, & product background with a hunger to make our properties grow. This position is full-time, part of business & content analytics team & is located in our Los Angeles office. Work will be from home until safe to return to the office (work from home cleared until August 2021).
- Leverage data to understand our products & properties in-depth, identify areas of opportunity, & work with diverse teams to drive growth & engagement of BuzzFeeds audience
- Work both cross-platform distributed BuzzFeed publishing platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, & Snapchat, as well as onsite BuzzFeed.com & our mobile apps
- Processing, cleaning, & validating the integrity of data used for analysis
- Generate analytics dashboards (Looker/LookML a plus)
- 1+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- 1+ years experience with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- The ability to process & analyze data sets, & interpret them to make business decisions.
- Communication skills & the ability to simplify complex analysis for technical & creative teams.
- Experience with Looker/Lookml development
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
- Interest in social video, internet culture and/or
- Experience with Git/Version Control
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.