ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Data & Analytics team provides robust measurement & actionable insights on our growing membership base. We partner closely with product, engineering, & marketing teams to build innovative products, understand customer demand signals, & measure growth & engagement.
As our company grows, were looking for a Product Data Analyst to join our team. Reporting to theSkimms VP of Analytics, you support the design & analysis of A/B tests for new product features, size new opportunities, & define key performance metrics across our newsletter, app, web, & audio.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- A/B testing strategy including design, execution, & analysis
- Providing actionable insights to help product managers understand trends, marketplace dynamics, & user behaviors
- Segmenting our Skimmrs to understand their different motivations & use cases along with our ability to fulfill those needs & add meaningful value
- Conceptualizing key metrics to measure success & identifying levers to move key metrics
- Building dashboards for all levels of the company, including executive leadership, to monitor key metrics & track progress
- Identifying, collecting, & transforming data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other statistical tools
- Developing a sound understanding of the role of each product within theSkimms ecosystem of products
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or similar quantitative role
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience with large datasets, statistical analyses, data visualization
- Strong communication skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with Python or another scripting language
- Understanding of user segmentation, cohort analyses, regression models, funnel optimization
- Experience in Media or Publishing
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm: a passion for our audience & mission
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.