We are seeking an eager, proactive Office Manager to join our team at the Brooklyn Navy Yards. As the Office Manager, you will join a 2-person office management team, to help keep the day-to-day activities of the office space running smoothly. You will also help establish a professional, but welcoming atmosphere as one of the first points of contact for our company, our employees, & our clients.
The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, who is happy to roll-up his/her sleeves, multitask, problem solve, & provide a friendly touch-point for employees & clients alike.
- Manage the office space (moves, adds, & changes to workstations) in partnership with People Operations Director & ensuring COVID-19 policies & procedures are adhered to
- Be point of contact for building management including visitor management system, ID cards, facilities, repairs, fire-drills, etc.
- Oversee the guest experience & ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
- Provide Back-up reception support to our office assistant acting as the first face for employees, clients & guests, with a hospitality & customer focused mindset
- Collaborate with the office assistant to make sure the office looks neat & presentable at all times, so employees want to work here & clients are impressed including: maintain reception, clean out the fridge, put away groceries, set-up for meetings & events, check conference rooms & tidiness of bathrooms
- Collaborate with the office assistant to order, receive & stock office supplies, snacks, & beverages
- Establish & manage relationships with mail carriers & messengers (USPS, FedEx, UPS), create shipping labels, monitor tracking information & coordinate follow-ups, etc.
- Set up catering orders as needed including accepting deliveries, setting up food & break down
- Help organize internal culture events (weekly happy hours, holiday events, etc.)
- Coordinate travel for employees, candidates or clients as needed
- Support HR & finance on projects as needed
Naturally youll have:
- 5+ years office administration experience
- Bilingual Spanish a bonus
- Outgoing personality with a good attitude
- Commitment to being punctual & arriving on time to our studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Proactive nature - if you have downtime, you are asking how else you can help
- Strong organizational skills with ability to stay on top of varied responsibilities & complete tasks with tight deadline
- Equally happy to work on small tasks (like cleaning out the fridge) to bigger complex projects (like coordinating vendors, COI & office repairs) in support of employees or business operations
What you'll get:
- Opportunity to work in a casual & creative atmosphere (and dog friendly)
- Free coffee, tea, & snacks
- Work/life balance (Monday to Friday 8:30-5pm)
- Health insurance, 401k + employer match, cell phone reimbursement eligible
- Summer Fridays & generous paid time off